Quick Money Recorder (QMR) gives you a lot of option to enter and amend elements of your budget. In this blog post, we will show you how you can easily amend multiple expense entries in a few simple steps using the “Bulk Edit” feature.
What is the “Bulk Edit” feature?
The bulk edit feature lets you select multiple expense entries and amend them all at once. You can choose between 6 actions to perform on your selection:
- Category: Assign or change the category to your selection
- Date: Assign or change the date of the selected expenses
- Tax: Automatically calculates and adds tax to the selected items. (You can set the tax rate by going in General Settings>Tax Rate)
- Delete: Delete all the selected items
- Delete photo: Delete the picture of all selected items
- Label: Assign or change the label of the selected spending/income data
How does it work?
Glad you asked, follow the guide below.
First you need to display your spending and income entries under the “List” view.
From QMR’s main screen, tap on “List” at the bottom left.
Then from the list screen, select “Action” at the top right. You will be given a couple of options including “Bulk Edit”.
You can now select the expense or income entries you wish to amend by ticking the box on the left or select them all.
The amendment options are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
In the example below, let’s amend the entry which is not categorized (the category name will be displayed instead of the question mark).
Tick the box on the left of the amount and press “Category” at the bottom of the screen.
Let’s assign the Shopping category to the amount. To do this, select “Category” at the bottom of the screen.
You will then see the list of all your categories. Just press the one that applies to the amount and “Back” at the top left of the screen to confirm your selection. Done! The category is assigned.
If you have no further change to make just tap “Done” at the top right of the screen.
You want to discover more about how to use QMR? What about having a look at how to export your budget to excel?